Year 11s were invited to listen to a talk by Mr Francesco Guerrera, a renowned finance and business journalist and Head of EMEA at Dow Jones Media Group. Francesco was able to give our students insight into not only his career but also the world of media and journalism, giving specific advice for our students including:
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
- Always be authentically yourself
- Be kind and helpful to others as you progress in your career
- There are no silly questions in journalism
- Often the simplest questions get the most detailed and interesting responses
This talk allowed our students to hear about what journalism entails as a career, and the importance of journalists in ensuring that the ‘media diet’ we all consume on a daily basis is both accurate and diverse. We are very grateful to Mr Guerrera for sharing his time and his wisdom with us!