At St. Mary Magdalene Secondary School, we are committed to offering all students from KS3 to KS5 a comprehensive, bespoke and supportive programme of Careers, Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) and work-related learning (WRL).
Our vision is that on beginning their secondary education at St. Mary Magdalene, every student takes an active role in shaping ideas about their own future in order to lead them purposefully towards an end career as an adult. Our students will learn about, experience, and reflect on their future options in order to inform the choices they will make at GCSE, and on to further and higher education.
Across their school journey they will add to their profile on Unifrog, culminating in tailored application advice in Year 13 for their chosen Post-18 pathway. Please see below for more detail on the service that Unifrog can provide.
To measure and assess the impact of the careers programme:
- Activities are logged on Unifrog to track student participation & note activities in line with national Gatsby benchmarks.
- Student and parent evaluation forms are sent out in the summer term including questions about careers as well as a number of other areas in order to gauge how well-supported students felt.
- Each term a compass+ evaluation is completed to assess our provision against national benchmarks.
- Student destinations are collated at post-16 and post-13 and compared with intended destinations to assess whether students have reached their desired place.
- After each external provider (such as drop-down days and careers mentoring programmes) students complete evaluation forms.
Our full programme in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks can be seen on the document below, alternatively any queries for the careers lead (Mrs Danielle Mckenzie) can be sent to email@example.com
Please see the websites below for advice and guidance, as well as the other pages on our website:
- National Careers Service - Useful information about career types, skills and CV writing.
- plotr - An interactive site with articles, videos and games
- iCloud - Lots of videos for inspiration of people talking about their jobs
- Careers Box TV - Exploring and listening to information about potential careers
- National Careers Week - Events and activities at National Careers Week
- How2become - Information on different careers
- Careers4u - Videos from professionals in a wide variety of careers and sectors
- Go Think Big - Tips and tools to explore careers, and advice on getting work placements
- Target Jobs - Fill out a questionnaire and get a tailored careers report
- Careers world - News, information and opportunities in SE England
- All About Careers - Take a careers test and explore different types of careers
- Get Smart - Careers information plus student city profiles and advice
- Student Ladder - Information and advice for all stages in your journey towards your career
- Talking Jobs - Interviews and videos from different people working in a variety of careers
- Access Professions - Get regular emails about opportunities and browse opportunities
- Milkround - Resources to explore apprenticeships, traineeships and school leaver schemes
- Moving on Magazine - Potential choices after leaving school
- Prospects - Career planner and lots of information about careers advice and job sectors
- Careers Gateway - Links to information about careers and higher education
- Bright Knowledge - Careers, education and student life
- TES - Subjects and Careers - How the subject you study at school can help you get a job
|NEWS AND EVENTS
18th-22nd July- Year 10 Work Experience week
19th April- L&Q Careers Coaching (Click here for article)