All students will complete work experience (WEX) when in Year 10 followed by volunteering in Year 12. These opportunities give students an insight into the world of work and allow them to begin developing key employable skills.
Attached on this page is the ‘Own Find’ form that must be completed and returned by all Year 10 students with details of their placements. When searching for opportunities the best place to start is by asking family and friends, in addition to approaching local businesses in person, via phone or via email.
For information and guidance regarding WEX and volunteering please use the links below.
- National Careers Service - Information about work experience and hand FAQ's
- Prospects - Information about work experience
- Student Ladder - List of businesses which offer work experience placements
- PRIME - Work experience for young people from underprivileged backgrounds
- Social Mobility Foundation - Residential programmes for internships for young people underprivileged backgrounds
- Barclays Life Skills - For students to help develop your skills in a real work environment
- Believe in Young People - Work experience over the summer
- Go Think Big - Tips and tools to explore careers and advice on getting work placements
- Do It - Information and advice on volunteering
- VInspired - Database of volunteering opportunities for young people
- London Youth - Youth work in London with volunteering opportunities
- NCS Yes - National Citizens Service government funded programme to develop skills
- Volunteering - UK Government advice - Government information and advice on volunteering
- Volunteering Matters - Charity which supports volunteers
- Inspiring the Future - Service which connects students to volunteer placements